For guaranteed impact in sunny garden borders these hardy, summer flowering shrubs are unbeatable! Versatile and undemanding, this collection of deciduous shrubs provides continuous colour from March to September.
- Collection comprises:
- Lonicera (Shrubby Honeysuckle) - Clusters of pink flowers in May and June followed by shiny red berries in late summer. Height: 2m (6ft) Spread: 3m (10ft).
- Buddleja (Butterfly Bush) - Large purple plumes of flowers adorn this fast growing shrub from July to September. Buddleja will attract clouds of butterflies to your garden. Height 3m (10ft) Spread 2m (6ft,'6").
- Forsythia - Masses of radiant yellow star shaped flowers appear on naked stems from March to April. Height: 3m (10ft) Spread: 180cm (6ft).
- Ribes (Flowering Currant) - Deep pink red flowers drip from the upright stems of the flowering currant from March to April, followed by glaucous blue berries in late summer. Height: 3m (10ft) Spread: 2.5m (8ft).
- Philadelphus (Mock Orange) - Intensely fragrant double white flowers cover the stems of mock orange in June and July. Philadelphus is also highly attractive to bees. Height: 3m (10ft) Spread: 2.5m (8ft).
How to plant trees and shrubs