Everything you need to grow your own mushrooms in one box
Enjoy 3 or more pickings
Choose your favourites from a range of 4 different kits
Height Up to 10cm (4in)
Spread Up to 12cm (5in)
1 x 7.5 litre 'White' mushroom kit (KB9280)
1 x 7.5 litre 'Brown' mushroom kit (KB9281)
1 x 7.5 litre 'Oyster Grey' mushroom kit (KB9282)
1 x 7.5 litre 'Shii-take' mushroom kit (KB9283)
1. Take the bag containing ‘cover compost’ from the base tray and store it in a cool place.
2. Place the base tray with the plastic lid on top at a temperature of 20–25°C for 4 or more days. After this period, the substrate will have turned completely white with fungus (mycelium).
3. Take the bag with ‘cover compost’ and punch ten holes in each side. Put the bag in 0.5 litres of water for 20 minutes. Open the bag and spread the ‘cover compost’ evenly and loosely over the substrate within the tray.
4. Now put the entire tray aside with the lid closed for 5–8 days, at a temperature of 20–25°C. In this period, the mycelium will grow through the layer of cover compost to the surface. Once the cover compost is covered with white mycelium, put the tray in a cooler position of 15–18°C.
5. Make sure that the surface of the cover compost does not dry out. Regularly mist spraying with a plant spray will keep it damp.
6. If a good number of baby mushrooms appear, you can water over the tray with a watering can. The substrate and cover compost should be moist, but not too wet. The mushrooms first appear at the edges, and then later in the centre of the tray.
Harvesting: Take a mushroom between your fingertips and carefully pull it out with a twist of the hand. Do not pull out without twisting and do not harvest undersized mushrooms. Always water regularly to prevent the ‘cover compost’ from drying out.
Seeds and garden supplies will normally be delivered within the time period stated against each product as detailed above. Plants, bulbs, corms, tubers, shrubs, trees, potatoes, etc. are delivered at the appropriate time for planting or potting on. Delivery times will be stated on the product page above, or in your order acknowledgement page and email.
Orders for packets of seed incur a delivery charge of £2.99.
Orders which include any other products will incur a delivery charge of £5.99.
Where an order includes both packets of seeds and other products, a maximum delivery charge of £6.99 will apply - regardless of the number of items ordered.
Large items may incur a higher delivery charge - this will be displayed in your shopping basket.
Please see our Delivery page for further details, and more information on different charges that may apply to certain destinations.
For more information on how we send your plants please visit our Helpful Guide on plant sizes.
Van Meuwen strives to ensure that all its plants are delivered to you in the perfect condition for planting. Sadly, the time it takes to deliver to certain locations in the UK means that we can't guarantee this, so regretfully we are unable to ship live plants to the following areas: HS, IV41-IV49, IV51, IV55-56, KW15-KW17, PA34, PA41-48, PA60-PA78, PA80, PH40-PH44, TR21-TR24, ZE1-ZE3
© 2022 Van Meuwen. All rights reserved. A division of Branded Garden Products Limited.